Detroit Lakes Chamber of Commerce
As our name implies, this is lake country. We have more than 400 lakes within 25 miles of Detroit Lakes! Whether you are looking for a nature getaway, an active family vacation, a new career, or a pampered rest we have something for you.
Anyone looking to relocate to the Live Wide Open area might consider a few “fun facts” about Detroit Lakes:
- 1-mile long public sand beach adjoining a large city park (one of 5!), band shell and public Pavilion.
- Year-round activites and recreation for all ages including skiing, fishing, hiking, skating, mountain biking, snowmobiling, boating and eight area golf courses.
- 800 seat theatre brings national and local acts to the stage. And speaking of national acts, we are home to one of the largest festivals in the nation: WE Fest Country Music Festival – with over 45,000 attendees each year.
- Three state parks, two national wildlife refuges and a wealth of regional and national trails are all nearby.
- Dining options galore… from coffee to fine dining. Enjoy lunch with a view from the patio or explore the local winery and brewery.
For someone looking to relocate or open a business, make sure you look under the economic development tab on our website!
CONTACT The Detroit Lakes Chamber:
700 Summit Ave
Detroit Lakes, MN 56501
800-542-3992 • 218-847-9202