Pioneer is the name chosen in 1928 because we were committed to a new and better way of care.
Pioneer is the name chosen in 1928 because we were committed to a new and better way of care. Since then, our commitment to care for those who cared for us is still the cornerstone of our mission.
Our organization has been built over time with exceptional people giving of themselves.Through service above self, we continue our tradition of reliability and we earn trust through our programs and services. Indeed, our reputation is rooted in scores of exceptional friends.
Our dedicated staff serves people 24 hours every day. Through World War II and times of peace, through economic boom and the Great Depression, through Minnesota blizzards and glorious summer days, staff commitment has always been extraordinary.
Our volunteers give strength to our work every day through countless hours of their time. These gifts of self continue to define us and lead us into the future.
Our work begins and ends with this in mind: “Your home is our home. Your choice is our choice.”
We are an organization with a rich history of service, service with a heart of care that beats with compassion. Our mission has remained the same since we opened our doors in 1928:
“To promote quality of life in a Christ-like way for those we serve by providing diverse and holistic care focusing always on individual dignity and worth.”
Health & Wellness
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Wellness/health club program
- AFLAC/Employee Assistance Program
- 401 (K) Plan
- Bonus Incentives
- Vacation & Holiday Pay
Career & Development
- Continuing Education Assistance
- Leadership Development Options
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Job-Specific Training
- Professional/Career Development Opportunities
- College Tuition Assistance/Reimbursement
- Educational Scholarship Program
Work & Flexibility
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Work Hours
Recreation & Fun
- Annual Family Events
- Employee Picnics
- Walking Paths Nearby
Food & Drink
- Catered Lunch Meetings
- Vending Machines
- Occasional Lunchroom Treats
- Summer Grilling Patio
Layout & Environment
- New Facilities in All Locations
- Bike Storage
- Full Kitchen in Staff Break Room
- Shower Room
- Business Casual Dress Code
- Free Parking
- Nursing Room
1131 Mabelle Avenue South, Fergus Falls, MN 56537
Phone: (218) 998-1500
Cool Things About Jobs Most Often Available
- Nurses - Build relationships with residents and families; this doesn't always happen in every healthcare setting.
- Caregivers - Become specialized in memory care in a unique residential care setting.
- Homemaker - Be at the core of the household, mixing food preparation skills with social interaction.
What Makes Us a Great Place to Work
An employee who just arrived two months earlier to PioneerCare asked, “How do you do it? I’ve worked for many employers, big and small. Everyone says they have a positive work environment and they’re just like family. But you live it here. You really do. If it was my job to recruit for PioneerCare, that’s what I’d tell everyone.”
At PioneerCare, each person’s role in fulfilling our mission is valued. To fulfill our mission requires empathy. We seek out others who exhibit a strong sense of empathy and embrace the value of caring for those who once cared for us. With that, a positive and uplifting work environment comes naturally.